[X2go-dev] Testing X2go3

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Sat May 23 14:52:33 CEST 2009

Hello,

I am testing X2go3 on Debian Lenny. I use FreeNX for a long time so I
have some experience with NX. I really like the fact that you have
clients under GPL, and Debian packages ;-)

My montior has a 1680x1050 resolution. When I use a 800x600 screen
(default), the screen opens first on 800x600 but switches then to "max.
space availabele", in my case 1672x972 (space without Gnome panels). The
fonts are much bigger then normal. When I use "fullscreen" the client
opens fullscreen, but the fonts are much too small. When I use
"1280x1024" the client opens at 1280x1024 and switches to "max space
available", in my case 1672x972, now the fonts seem to be OK!  This is
so in both the KDE client and the GTK client, I did test to "localhost".

When I log-off a session, I see a message that I am logged in as user
"Unknown". But "whoami" says I am user "paul", strange.

Why don't I see an annoucement for the new version in the mailinglist,
is there maybe another form of communication?

I see in the header that there is an organisation what gives payed
support for X2go. But I cannot click on it, and do not understand which
firm it is. http://www.x2go.org/fileadmin/media/header_01.png

The "donation" function does not work, I get a blank page.

Keep on the good work!

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

--