[X2go-dev] Fullscreen mode and switching applications

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Thu Jul 30 08:50:50 CEST 2009

Alexander.Kuchler at pruftechnik.com schreef:
> Paul van der Vlis <paul at vandervlis.nl> wrote on 29.07.2009 16:40:25:
>
>> Alexander.Kuchler at pruftechnik.com schreef:
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> I installed X2Go client for windows V 3.00-1.
>>> When opening a session in fullscreen mode it's not possible to switch
>>> any other windows application by pressing [Alt]-[Tab]. Pressing this
>>> combination presents the Window Taskswitch Dialog but selecting
> another
>>> application is doing nothing. The X2Go Session stays in the
> foreground.
>>> Is there any other possiblity to switch the active window?
>> What I do is right-click in the right-upper corner of the screen, then
>> the X2go session is then minimized and you can switch to other apps.
>>
>> You can also use ctrl-alt-m.
>>
>> There are more keyboard shortcuts, look here:
>> http://www.nomachine.com/ar/view.php?ar_id=AR03C00172
>> Not sure everything works with X2go.
>>
> Thanks for the tip. Minimizing the window by right clicking the upper
> right corner works basically. But afterwards I can not resume with the
> still open and running session.

I have no problem with that (but I am using Linux on the client).
Realize that it is no a "resume".

> Right clicking the session in the taskbar
> and selecting maximize is giving me a window with empty gray/black squared
> window.

That's strange and not normal.
Are you sure it's not a powersaving-problem?

Maybe it is some kind of videodriver problem? You could try it on a PC
with another videocard. Or search the Nomachine knowledgebase.

I do a left-mouse-click on the session in the taskbar, but I expect this
is the same as right-click and then maximize. Not sure.

> I have to pause the session in the X2Go console and restart it..
> which is quite annoying.
>
> ctrl-alt-m isn't doing anything in my X2Go installation...

Does work for me too.

Did you try ctrl-alt-k ?
This does not work for me, but maybe it works for you in Windows.

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

--
http://www.vandervlis.nl/