[X2go-dev] kernel panic

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Sat Jul 25 10:23:14 CEST 2009

Paul Menzel schreef:
> Dear Paul and Michel,
>

> Am Freitag, den 19.06.2009, 19:24 +0200 schrieb kamerun at immerda.ch:
>> we try install thin client  (pxe)  with the docu
>>
>> http://www.linux4africa.de/x2go/
>>
>> kernel is loaded, but after ti comes:
>>
>> kernel panic not syncing : VFS unable to mount root fs unknown block (...)
>>
>> when we try to mount it from a separate machine, running a linux
>> machine, it hangs
>
> I am not sure and did not look it up, but could it be that support for
> the filesystem type of your root partition is not included in the Linux
> kernel?

This is possible, I am using on that machine Reiserfs3, not the most
normal FS.

I am not sure anymore which kernel is used by the TFTP-client, but
normally I use an initrd (what is default in Debian).

In my normal kernel config file I see: CONFIG_REISERFS_FS=m
This is a standard-Debian-kernel, 2.6.26.2.
Ext3 is a module too.

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

--