[X2go-dev] Keyboard problem

Douglas Stanley doug at technologixllc.com
Fri Jul 24 18:40:45 CEST 2009

Paul van der Vlis wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have this problem:
> http://www.nomachine.com/tr/view.php?id=TR11F02131
> In short: some keys are incorrectly mapped (like arrow up) and others
> don't work (like arrow left).
>
> My client and server are both Debian Lenny (I am connecting to localhost
> at the moment).

I have exactly the same problem, only my clients are all Ubuntu, not that
should really make a difference.
> I need the evdev driver for keyboards en mouses. Not sure if Lenny uses
> this driver by default (the default is an empty xorg.conf).

One of my machines, I have an odd logitech keyboard that uses a
different driver,
the other is my laptop though, and as far as I know, it's just whatever
keyboard
was auto discovered. Both machines exhibit the same problem you mention,
keys
mapping wrong. This was so annoying, that I've had to stop using x2go
for now.
> Nomachine says the problem is gone in nxnode 3.3.0-11, but so far I see
> x2go uses nxnode version 3.3.0-3.
>
> This is also interesting information about this item:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/freenx-server/+bug/289918
>
> On my machine I run both FreeNX and X2go.
> I am not 100% sure this is no problem.
>
> With regards,
> Paul van der Vlis.

Oh, and I've had the problem with both the gtk and qt clients.

I've gone as far as to fire up one of the keyboard applications which
light up the
key on a display on screen when you press a key on the keyboard. It's
obviously
getting confused.

Anyone solve this issue yet?

Thanks,