[X2go-dev] Failed login from MS Windows Client

Milan Knížek knizek.confy at volny.cz
Fri Dec 18 15:35:32 CET 2009

Milan Knížek píše v Čt 17. 12. 2009 v 14:31 +0100:

> I tried to use the new beta version of the client, but it requires admin
> privileges on MS Windows computer, which I do not have.

I tried to install on a different computer (it successfully opened a
connection to the x2go server) and simply moved the x2go client files to
my machine at work. However, the behaviour is the same.

The error message refers to non-existing directory and files on the
client computer. E.g.:

D:/DOCUME~1/cee_knm/X2GO~1/ssh/socaskpass-Hp3476

The x2goclient binaries are in directory:
D:\Documents and Settings\cee_knm\extra\x2goclient

The various setting files (incl. the ssh\known_hosts) are in:
D:\Documents and Settings\cee_knm\.x2go

I will try further testing, but would appreciate if anyone can help.

regards,

Milan Knizek
knizek (dot) confy (at) volny (dot) cz
http://www.milan-knizek.net - About linux and photography (Czech