[X2go-dev] x2go and ssh-key based login

jasper van der marel jaspervandermarel at gmail.com
Sat Dec 12 11:04:31 CET 2009

Hi,

To secure an x2go terminalserver enviroment from the bad big world
outside we are thinking of implementing ssh-key based authenication.
This works wonderfully with unencrypted ssh-keys. With encrypted
ssh-keys it won't work because of the password challenge. Is there any
way it can work with the x2goclient ? Then we can change the passwords
set on the ssh-keys at an interval instead of reissuing ssh-keys. Any
other ideas about implementing otp passwords with x2go are very
welcome ;)

In case you are wondering or interested about the client we are
planning to implement x2go as a terminalserver solution:

http://www.osor.eu/news/more-health-care-organisations-adopting-open-source
-> part about Antonius Hospital in the Netherlands

With kind regards,

Jasper van der Marel
Stone-IT

http://www.stone-it.com