[X2go-dev] X2Go Ubuntu and Gnome desktop

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Thu Dec 10 16:50:01 CET 2009

jasper van der marel schreef:
> Hi,
>
> I am currently evaluating X2Go to be used as a terminalserver solution.
> I am running into some problems and I hope someone can help me.
>
> When using X2GO a user doesn't get the same environment (variables) as
> when he logs in trough GDM.
> So some specific settings like profiles created by Pessulus and Sabayon
> (kioskprofiles) will not be applied.
>
> How can I solve this ?

You can start a script what will change the environment and start Gnome.
Something like this:

umask 0002
export TESTVAR=test21
. ~/.gnomerc
/usr/bin/gnome-session

Last command is starting Gnome.
This was tested with FreeNX, not with X2go.
But I expect it will work in X2go.

It would be nice if X2go would have a special feature for this.

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

--
http://www.vandervlis.nl/