[X2go-dev] A few problems since upgrading

Douglas Stanley douglas.m.stanley at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 18:14:41 CET 2009

Hello List,

I've been loving x2go, but recently I upgraded the server on my home
machine to the latest version, and now I'm experiencing
some rather annoying problems.

First, ssh key based auth isn't working anymore for some reason. It
still prompts me for password, even if when I click the desktop
link which is supposed to be headless, it brings up the x2go client
window and prompts for password.

Second, the x2go client window seems to use 100% cpu as soon as the
connection starts, and doesn't stop (not even if I log out of
the remote session) until I close the client window (the one where you
do all the configuration, not the actual window to the remote
desktop).

I've realized it's a problem with the server, as I have another
machine that I hadn't gotten around to upgrading the server on, and it
works fine.

Oh, and all machines (both servers, and the client) are all running
ubuntu 9.10 karmic 32bit.

Thanks,
Doug