X2Go Client for Windows (4.0.5.1-2016.06.05) released

Mike DePaulo mikedep333 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 06:01:17 CEST 2016

Dear all,

This is to announce a new release of X2Go Client for Windows:
4.0.5.1-2016.06.05

This is the 1st release of X2Go Client 4.0.5.1 for Windows.

The major Windows changes since 4.0.5.0-2015.07.31 are:
    - Multiple security updates
    - Application-wide setting to disable audio input
      (See the link below for more details.)

As with most vulnerabilities in 3rd party software, the X2Go project
has not done an analysis of whether X2Go Client was actually affected
by these vulnerabilities. However, as a precaution, we strongly
encourage all users to update.

For the Windows-specific release notes for this release, see this page:
http://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/doc:release-notes-mswin:x2goclient-4.0.5.1

Also, as the (volunteer) X2Go Client for Windows maintainer I would like
to apologize for the long delay of this 1st Windows release of 4.0.5.1.
The usual rolling-release updates/upgrades of the Cygwin components,
especially OpenSSH, introduced multiple issues that broke folder sharing
and printing. (These issues have been fixed.) These updates/upgrades
included security updates though. I will consider how to prevent these
delays in the future, such as by backporting OpenSSH security fixes like
most Linux distros do.

Regards,
Mike DePaulo